Friday 10 December 2010

EK through the eyes of Kiri

Daddy & Rob doing Kayaking, by Kiri Sundin.

My eldest daughter, six year old Kiri proudly presented me with this picture after I returned from another overseas trip last week. I asked her what it was, & she said 'it's you & Rob doing paddling in your kayaks, past an island in Singapore, on a sunny day. You just did a roly poly, but Rob is still the best at kayaking'. 
She is wise beyond her years, and in love with Justine's latest canoeing DVD where a great Dad takes his young son Douggie down a beautiful wild river in Canada. She is pestering me daily on when we can go paddling together, & loves nothing more than a few minutes on my new Ergo machine, punching out some miles. She still talks about Freya, having charmed the lady in black for a morning on the day she headed back to Germany, and thinks she might want to paddle around the world, rather than just Australia. It brings a smile to my face, and I'm looking forward to getting my little girl out for an overnight paddle over the Xmas holidays.
The artist & budding paddler in typical cheeky monkey mode.

2 comments:

  1. Mark, that's nothing less than pure parental gold.Makes all the sleepless nights worthwhile doesn't it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate, after a sleepless night last night, woken up by vomits by daughter #2 at 11pm, 12am, 1am, 2am, 3am, almost on the dot…..mmmaybe…
    I've nicknamed little Deni (the vomiter) Hickory Dickory Dock, who vomits on the clock. She thinks it's very funny.

    ReplyDelete

The Velocimiser Sea Kayak Foil Rudder

After two solid years of R&D, we can finally announce a series of successful sea trials of our new foiling sea kayak rudder, The Velocim...