Friday 26 February 2010

Video - A Cruise in the V10 Sport

I've been messing around with my new camera mount, & popped it on the deck of my ski on Wednesday to see what sort of vision I could get.
The results are a really good representation of what it looks like paddling the ski, especially the really good bit when you turn around & run back with the little following wind waves.

It's also a good training aid - I can clearly see what my stroke is doing as I continue the long surgery on my forward paddling. The most interesting thing is the difference between my stroke when I'm running into the conditions, compared to when I turn around. One is more metronomic while I'm working against resistance, the later is much more instinctive, not always in great shape, when I'm trying to ride the conditions. At least that's how it looks to my untrained eye, it's all fun....

2 comments:

  1. Looking good!
    What camera is it? I borrowed a friend's High Def GoPro Hero3 the other day - awesome camera...

    Al the best
    Rob Mousley
    www.surfski.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Rob,
    It's a stock standard Panasonic Lumix waterproof digital camera, with an HD video capability. I've mounted it on a sticky pod with the 12" extension. While I've tethered the stick pod, the suction cups are amazing as long as you put them on dry - the seal is so strong I can carry the boat by the pod rig....!
    We've just bought a GoPro HD Surf, so it will be interesting to see the comparison. Love your site, by the way....
    Regards,
    Mark.

    ReplyDelete

The Velocimiser Sea Kayak Foil Rudder

After two solid years of R&D, we can finally announce a series of successful sea trials of our new foiling sea kayak rudder, The Velocim...